I want these shredded chicken enchiladas NOW! Why? Because they look so delicious and have a lot less guilt and a lot more nutritional gusto than their usual counterparts.
Julie Freed continues to kill it with her Freed Fit recipes. She takes our favorite dishes and making them healthy! Let’s face it, to be successful at a healthy lifestyle one needs to feel satisfied. These shredded chicken enchiladas meet that benchmark once again. Thanks Julie! Be sure to check out our Wine Wednesday post for a perfect pairing with this recipe!
Shredded Chicken Enchiladas
- 2 chicken breasts or 8 chicken tenders
- ½ cup bone broth
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 lime
- 1 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 jar salsa verde
- 8 low carb tortillas
- 1 light shredded cheese
- salt & pepper, garlic powder and chili lime seasoning – to taste
- Coat a large pot with cooking spray, add chicken tenders, bone broth, salt & pepper.
- Cover and simmer on medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pot, discard excess liquid and shred.
- Re-coat pot with cooking spray and sauté onions over medium heat.
- Add fresh lime juice and season to taste.
- Once cooked through, add shredded chicken and turn down the heat.
- Stir in the Greek yogurt until everything is coated.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Fill each tortilla with two large spoonful’s of the shredded chicken, roll and place (open flap down) in a greased baking dish.
- Cover with salsa verde and then cheese.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until cheese begins to brown.
Feel free to make your own topping! Julie made a delicious avocado and mango salsa!
Founder Julie W. Freed has been in the events industry since 2004 working with some of the leading events companies, including Rafanelli Events where she was the Event Director, producing some of the largest and most complex events for the firm’s top clientele. Infused with passion and purpose, she launched Freed Events to provide clients with a highly personalized experience that embraces distinct collaboration with the industry’s top talent.
Julie is known for her efficiency, authentic nature, love for logistics and most importantly, for building long-term, trusting relationships with her clients and event partners. She lives in downtown Boston – with her husband, founder of Freed Law, and their two young children – and are actively engaged in their community.