Everyone if focusing on their health these days. I’ve noticed when I feed guests my 20-pound lasagna, they enjoy it, but with guilty faces.
Julie Freed is a smartypants because she knows you can feed guests good food that tastes good and is guilt free! With her latest Freed Fit Recipe, she’s made a delicious White Turkey Chili. This recipe is perfect for your next gathering. Keep it handy all through the holiday season and then football season. Feed it to your guests as they cheer on not only your favorite team (er, um Patriot’s) as well as your White Turkey Chili!
WHITE TURKEY CHILI RECIPE
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 yellow onion, chopped
• 2 lbs. extra lean ground turkey
• 1 tsp. cumin
• 1 tsp. oregano
• 2 tbsp. chili lime
• 2 cans of cannellini beans, drained
• 1 cup Bone Broth
• ½ can corn kernels
• 1 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
• salt & pepper, garlic powder and red pepper flakes – to taste
- Coat a large pot with cooking spray, add garlic and onion and cook until translucent.
- Add ground turkey by chunks, brown and break up pieces until cooked.
- Add all spices and mix.
- Stir in beans, bone broth, and corn kernels, cover and let simmer on low for up to 1 hour.
- Serve and top with a dollop of Greek yogurt and optional avocado.