Donuts? On a salad? Well, sort of. We hope you’re not too disappointed when you find out they’re not really donuts. But, they are healthy and they are delicious!
We used mini-donut pans to create adorable bite-sized egg souffles. Easy, healthy, and tasty- how does that sound?
Besides salad toppers, keep these little cuties in your fridge and pop as a healthy snack.
- 4 Egg whites and 1 egg yolk
- 2 Tablespoons of milk
- 1/4 Cup of goat cheese
- 1 Tablespoons of fresh parmesan cheese
- 1/4 Teaspoon of salt
- Few cracks of fresh pepper
- Juice from one lemon
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Cup of organic micro greens
- Prepare mini donut pan using PAM Spray or olive oil.
- Whip eggs until nice and frothy. Feel free to leave out the yolk if you’re looking to keep this dish extra light.
- Pour in milk and whisk a little more.
- Add cheeses, salt, and pepper and some elbow grease.
- Squeeze in lemon juice (not the seeds) and whisk a little more! The lemon juice will help to emulsify the goat cheese so our “donut” mixture becomes nice and creamy.
- Gently scoop mixture into the holes making sure not to cover the center prong.
- Bake for about 10 minutes.
- Let our little egg snacks cool for a few and then with a butter knife, gently go around the edges and pull out your anti-donut donut.
- Toss micro greens with olive oil.
- Top the greens with as many donuts as you want!