From Julie Freed…
I love to entertain friends and clients, but don’t have the time to slave away in the kitchen for hours on end. Especially on a weeknight, after a long day of work, with my kids running around (like little maniacs!). If you can relate to this scenario, I have the perfect meal for you!
But first, pour yourself a glass of wine, turn on some music and grab every cracker, dip, vegetable, and piece of cheese that you have on hand and set out a plate for you and your guests. Then, nibble and gab, while you get going on this 30-minute meal.
Quick & Nutritious Weeknight Bolognese
- 1 box pasta of your choice (I love Eat Banza for a protein-packed, gluten-free alternative.)
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 lb organic ground turkey\1 jar Rao’s marinara sauce
- ½ small can tomato paste
- 3 large handfuls spinach
- 6 basil leaves, chopped
- Seasonings to taste – hHimalayan sea salt, ground pepper, garlic powder and basil
- Cook pasta as directed, drain, douse generously with EVOO, and set aside
- Re-use the same large pot (easy cleanup!) to saute the onion in EVOO until translucent.
- Add the ground meat along with the seasonings.
- Once cooked thru, turn heat to low and add the tomato sauce and tomato paste.
- Fold in the spinach and turn off stove top.
- Plate the pasta, top with a generous serving of the Bolognese, and finish with a dash of chopped basil.
I served mine with a Salad of Mixed Greens, Feta, Roasted Red Pepper, Avocado and Balsamic Vinaigrette along with Roasted Asparagus and Fresh Bread – but, any side dish will do! Enjoy!
Julie W. Freed is Principal of Freed Events, a high-touch event agency – helping clients to strategize, visualize and realize their event goals. She produces a range of events, varying in size and scope, in the wedding, social, corporate and non-profit markets. Julie has been in the events industry since 2004 working for some of the leading events companies, including Rafanelli Events where she was the Event Director, producing the largest and most complex events for the firm’s top clientele. She left Rafanelli to launch The Conception Group as an extension of London-based events, marketing, and creative agency, emc3, where she remains as an Account Director and collaborator. Julie is known for her efficiency, authentic nature, love for logistics and most importantly, for building long-term, trusting relationships with her clients and event partners.
Contact – @julie_freed & email@example.com