It’s time to dust off those grills and get the burgers ready! We love seeing a variety of options on the B-B-Que, bacon burgers, sausage patties, and of course turkey burgers!
When lean, ground turkey is an awesomely healthy option to regular burgers. But, sometimes they can be a little bland.
Leave it to Julie Freed of Freed Fit to give the turkey burger some pizazz! She’s mingled fresh lean turkey with feta, Worcestire sauce, and spinach. On top of it, she’s got a clean and healthy side dish of cauliflower rice. This meal serves two people, just increase the ingredients to serve more people.
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 3 oz. feta cheese
- 1 bag spinach
- 1 tbsp. Worcestire sauce
- ¼ cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 bag frozen cauliflower rice
- ½ red onion, diced
- ½ cup bone broth
- salt & pepper and garlic powder – to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground turkey, feta,
Worcestiresauce, bread crumbs, egg and spices (use your hands to lightly bind together).
- In the meantime, coat a large pot with cooking spray and sauté spinach until wilted.
- Take 1/3 of the spinach (set aside the rest), add to turkey mixture and form 4 equal size patties.
- Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray and place burger patties.
- Bake burgers for 30 minutes.
- While baking, add more spray to the pot followed by the onion and sauté until translucent.
- Add the cauliflower rice and more spices. Stir for 2 minutes and then add the bone broth.
- Continue to stir until cooked through and then mix in the spinach.
- Serve the burgers over a large scoop of the cauliflower rice.
Founder Julie W. Freed has been in the events industry since 2004 working with some of the leading events companies, including Rafanelli Events where she was the Event Director, producing some of the largest and most complex events for the firm’s top clientele. Infused with passion and purpose, she launched Freed Events to provide clients with a highly personalized experience that embraces distinct collaboration with the industry’s top talent.
Julie is known for her efficiency, authentic nature, love for logistics and most importantly, for building long-term, trusting relationships with her clients and event partners. She lives in downtown Boston – with her husband, founder of Freed Law, and their two young children – and are actively engaged in their community.