Dessert Anyone? This quick and easy recipe for panna cotta is perfect for any summer gathering. You can make this fresh and cool dessert this 24 hours in advance. Put blueberries and strawberries on top for a 4th of July red, white, and blue theme!
Panna Cotta Recipe
- 4 cups heavy cream or half and half
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 teaspoons powdered unflavored gelatin
- 6 teaspoons cold water
- In a medium-sized bowl, sprinkle the gelatin over the cold water. Let stand.
- Heat the cream or half and half with sugar in a saucepan, stirring until the sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in the vanilla. When the cream mixture is very warm, pour it over the gelatin and stir until the gelatin is diffused.
- Divide the pannacotta mixture into your preferred serving dishes and chill until firm (about three hours.)
- Just before serving, top with berries and serve.
Karen Sagaspe is a Rhode Island native who enjoys food, wine, entertaining and travel. Cooking for friends and family is one of her favorite things to do. She has traveled extensively, lived in Florida, Paris, France and Cape Town, South Africa. When she isn’t in the kitchen, Karen is probably reading a book surrounded by her two Shih Tzu.