This cocktail was inspired by the song, “One Nation Under A Groove” by The Parliment/Funkadelic’s. When I lived in Providence, RI, I frequently saw Mr. George Clinton perform at Original Lupo’s Heartbreak Hotel. If you have never seen him play, be sure to do so before he retires next year!
While making this 4th of July cocktail the song, “One Nation Under A Groove,” is playing in my head. I think on this 4th of July we need to dance our way as they say in the lyrics….” out of our constrictions.”
I wanted to make a cocktail that is refreshing and simple. This cocktail can also be pre-batched; perfect for an infusion jar. Just leave the glassware, ice, and soda water on the side and relax!
ONE NATION UNDER A GROOVE
- 1 1/2 oz. Malfy Con Limone Gin
- 1/2 oz. Giffard Elderflower
- 1/2 lemon squeezed
- 2 tsp. Basil Simple Syrup
- 1 1/2 oz. East Imperial Superior Soda Water
- In a shaker over ice combine: 1 1/2 oz. Malfy Con Limone Gin, 1/2 oz. Giffard Elderflower, 1/2 Lemon Squeezed, & 2tsp of Basil Simple Syrup.
- Shake and strain into a fresh rocks glass filled with ice.
- Top with 1 1/2 oz. Soda Water.
- Garnish with fresh basil & lemon. (I used fresh basil & dried lemon in the photo.)