As my little 7-year-old says, this fried rice recipe is easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy. Seriously, in ten minutes, you will have a dish that is not only bursting with flavor but also healthy!
That’s right, fried rice can actually be a healthy meal! Use a nonstick pan to remove the need for excess oil and try mostly egg whites. This dish will have your swimsuits thanking you!
Another trick to cut down on the fat is by using punches of big flavor for satisfaction. Jalapeno, lemongrass, curry, and lime get together to create a major party on your taste buds!
Although, if you were really in the mood for a fat-kid-Sunday type of dish, adding thick coconut milk and coconut oil would make this stick to your ribs through the next day, and. Be pretty damn good too. But, since it is the summer, I’m trying to keep my ribs as light as can be.😉
Looking for a wine pairing? Try it with a nice dry glass of Trimbach Riesling. Whatever you do, just be sure to add these ingredients to your next grocery shopping list!
- 3/4 cups of cooked Jasmine rice
- 3 egg whites
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped lemongrass.
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped jalapeno
- 1/4 teaspoon of curry
- 2 pats of butter
- Juice from 1/2 a lime
- Few sprinkles of fresh chives for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Saute 1 pat of butter, lemongrass, jalapenos, and a dash of the curry until greens are soft.
- Add salt and pepper to eggs, beat, and add to pan. Quickly scramble.
- Add cooked rice to frying pan, along with remaining curry and 2nd pat of butter
- Once everything is seriously committed to each other, put in a bowl.
- Squeeze lime juice over the top and garnish with fresh chives.
- Pour a healthy glass of Trimbach Riesling and get ready for a very tasty treat!