Thirsty? We have just the thing not only to quench your thirst, but also to shield you from that strong chilly winnd. We have an oldie but goodie from Jean Marie that is like a glass full of sunshine! We’re missing seeing that bright yellow ball all day. Not to worry, the longer days are on the way. In the meantime…
“Divine Cocktailer” and restaurant consultant, Jean Marie Manning has a dazzling gin cocktail for us this week that reminds us of that beautiful glowing sun. We’re happy to raise our glass to the weekend with this tasty concoction!
This one is a real stunner! Start chilling the martini glass and start shaking! Gin is perfect all year round; and I particularly love Mafly Gin. The Mafly Con Limone gin adds a nice refreshing flavor to a simple gin and tonic, or something with a little more pizzazz, like what I have concocted for you this weekend!
West Coast Weekender
- 2 oz. Malfy Con Limone Gin
- 1/2 oz Organic Wild Poppy Grapefruit Ginger
- Fever Tree Aromatic Tonic Water
- Dash of cranberry
- Sprigs of sage
- 2 Lemon pinwheels
- Combine all ingredients in a shaker over ice.
- Show us your muscles and shake that baby!
- Strain into a finely chilled martini or classic cocktail glass.
- Garish with lemon pinwheels and fresh sage.
- Enjoy a break from the East Coast chill with this nice and sunny West Coast cocktail.
Jean Marie Manning