The Shake Shack Burger Dup – The Best Burger for your Memorial Day Barbeque
Let’s face it; if you’re throwing a BBQ this weekend, you better have burgers on your grill. It’s sort of a thing for Memorial Day weekend.
We also think if you’re going to make burgers, it’s worth making them awesome. How? Well, let’s just say shake shack-awesome.
There are three main secrets to the shake shack burger- the beef blend, the sauce, and a griddle attachment and press. But, don’t worry; we’re about to break it down for you. Trust us. Your guests will be impressed!
- Ground from your local butcher a 50:25:25 blend of sirloin, chuck, and brisket
- Fresh sesame buns
- .5 tsp of salt & pepper mix (half a cup kosher salt with half a tsp freshly ground pepper)
- American cheese slices
- For the Sauce: .5 cup mayonnaise, 1 tbsp Dijon mustard, .75 tsp ketchup, .25 tsp Kosher dill pickling brine, pinch of Cayenne pepper
- Toppings of choice: Lettuce, tomatoes, onions, bacon
1. Mix the sauce ingredients.
2. Form burger patties and flatten them using a cast-iron press.
3. Evenly sprinkle salt and pepper mix on both sides.
4. On a piping hot griddle or griddle pan, cook the patties until a crust forms on both sides and add cheese.
5. Toast and butter the buns.
6. Assemble the burgers with sauce and desired toppings.
7. Enjoy! Don’t worry. If you don’t feel like putting in the work, you can always order from Gold Belly. 😉
Read more on The Haute Life
Cooking Up Memories With A Slow-Cooked Chicken Soup Recipe
Braised Short Rib Gnocchi Recipe by Grill 23 Executive Chef Ryan Marcoux
‘Twas the Night Before Christmas – Experiencing Christmas Cirque du Soleil Style