Don’t ever confuse Reposado Tequila with Tequila Gold. In most Tequilas, the “gold” is actually coloring and additives. In Reposado, the golden color comes from being aged or “rested” in oak barrels from two to eleven months, imparting a smoothness. As we prepared our Cinco de Mayo feast, we decided that easy oakiness of the Reposado Tequila would be the perfect match for our pork carnitas recipe!
Do you know what goes even better with those yummy carnitas? Mia Andrioli’s beautiful margarita cocktail – The Rested Honeysuckle. Mia used the “rested” Tequila reposado, lime, and honey. The sweet and salty rim and lime zest tickled our tongues and provided a perfect segue to the reposado.
- 2 Ounces of reposado tequila
- 1 Ounce of fresh lime juice
- 1/2 ounce of wildflower honey
- Crushed ice
- Lime zest
- Hibiscus sugar and Hawaiian black salt (for rim)
- Edible flower of your choice!
- In a shaker over ice, mix honey, lime juice, and Reposado Tequila.
- Use a lime to rim glass.
- Dip in salt & sugar.
- Crush ice in a blender.
- Scoop into glass shaping into a snow cone.
- Pour liquor on top.
- Have a blast!