As a kid, brunch was a gloriously long, fun, and delicious ritual. My stepmom would whip up Eggs Benedict, Spinach Florentine, and one of my favs- German Pancakes soaked in lemon butter and dusted with powder sugar. I loved watching the liquidy batter transform in the oven, puffing up into mini golden mountains, just waiting to be drizzled with more buttery goodness! It’s a tradition worth carrying over for my own boys to enjoy.
Did I sell you on the lemon butter Dutch Baby Recipe? Well, just know there’s a lot more for sale with these Dutch babies! Try slipping thinly cut slices of maple syrup and cinnamon coated apples, lightly sugared pears, or peaches into that butter bath before you pour the batter into the pan.
If you really want to get crazy, you could even make a savory pancake. Toss some roasted onions, herbs, and a little cheese on top before baking. Then sprinkle sea salt. Sounds like heaven to me!
Plus, you have so many options AND it’s really easy!
Lemon Dutch Baby Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- a few dashes of vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- 5 tablespoons of butter
- Powdered sugar and lemon zest to taste
1. 🥞Preheat oven to 450
.2.🧈 Melt 2 Tbls. Butter in an oven-proof skillet in the oven.
3. 🥄Put the eggs, flour, milk, and sugar into a blender and beat until frothy.
4. 🔥Pour batter on top of melted butter in skillet.
5. ♥️Pop back in the oven for about 15 minutes, or until golden and poofy!
6. 🍋melt 2 more tablespoons of 🧈 with the juice of one 🍋.
7. 💛 Pour lemon butter on top of German pancake and dust with powdered sugar to your ❤️’s delight!
Enjoy and hopefully create your own brunch tradition!