I’m pretty sure most of you are progressive enough to know the grill isn’t just for meat. But, just in case, I’m sharing a recipe for grilled peaches. That’s right folks; even fruit can take the heat from the barbie.
Grilled peaches are a classic summer dish. They are also the perfect way to cap an evening of grilling; not too heavy, but still enough sweetness to give your guests the satisfaction of dessert. I like to tell myself they’re also healthy. At least better than a banana split. 😉
There are two essential tricks I’ve learned about grilling peaches. First, make sure they are still firm; any that are too ripe will turn to mush all over your grill. (You also don’t want any that are rock hard.)
The second trick is that no matter how you dress them after they are grilled, twist a few cracks of fresh salt over the top. The occasional punches of salt melt perfectly with the candied goodness covering the peach.
- 4 peaches (I used two white and two donut peaches for variety.)
- 4 Tablespoons of vanilla extract
- 4 Tablespoons of balsamic glaze
- 1 Tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons of honey
- 1/4 Teaspoon of ground cardamon
- A pinch of cinnamon
- A dash of nutmeg
- About 20 fresh mint leaves ( saving a few for garnish)
- 8 Tablespoons of mascarpone cheese
- Pink Himalayan sea salt
- Thoroughly wash peaches.
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients (besides salt and mascarpone)
- Cut peaches into halves removing the pits.
- Using a fork, poke a few holes into the flesh side of the peach.
- Add the peaches into the mixture, stir and marinate for about 30 minutes.
- Heat the grill to at least 400 degrees and place peaches flesh side down. Close the grill and cook for about four minutes.
- Flip those babies, dab a little bit of sauce on each and grill for another 4 minutes.
- Once they are soft to the touch with a bubbling caramel top, place them on a plate.
- Pour remaining sauce, and dab a tablespoon of mascarpone on each.
- Let the cheese melt ever so slightly and garnish with fresh mint.
- Crack fresh salt over each peach.
- Enjoy yet another joy from the grill!