Gingerbread Old Fashioned
- 2 oz. of your favorite bourbon
- 1 oz. gingerbread simple syrup (water, fresh ginger, cinnamon stick, vanilla bean, and brown sugar reduced over high heat)
- 2 dashes of Fee Brothers molasses bitters
- muddled orange
- splash of water
- cinnamon stick for garnish
- Make the gingerbread simple syrup in advance by bringing the following to boil; one cup of water, 1 cup of brown sugar, about 1/4 of an inch of freshly grated ginger, 1 cinnamon stick, 1 vanilla bean sliced down the middle. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Muddle orange in the bottom of a low-ball glass.
- Add bourbon, gingerbread simple syrup, 2 dashes of Fee Brothers molasses bitters, and a splash of water.
- Serve neat or with an ice cube.
- Add a cinnamon stick for garnish.
We love an old-fashioned, we also love gingerbread. So, why not combine the two for a festive holiday cocktail that will have you feeling merry and bright!
‘Tis the season for experimentation; gold sprinkles, star of anise, cinnamon sticks, and little gingerbread men all make festive garnishes.
While it might not be the season for large gatherings, you can still make the mixture in a large batch. Yes, it is that good.