Gina Mazer is The Mazer Group’s resident culinarian. With Thanksgiving just around the bend, she’s sharing her special bourbon cranberry sauce recipe. Only Gina really gets it cooking with a little extra help from some warm and fuzzy bourbon. Are you looking to save time? Gina says, feel free to make this zippy sauce ahead of time!
- 1 bag of fresh cranberries (rinsed)
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- Juice of 1 orange
- Zest of 1 orange
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Healthy splash of bourbon (if desired)
1. Place cranberries in a large saucepan on medium-high heat.
2. Add the sugar, zests, bourbon, and orange juice, while stirring continuously.
3. Bring to the mixture to a boil and reduce heat to simmer.
4. Cook until the cranberries have “popped” and begin to form into a jelly-like consistency (8-10 minutes).
5. Once the sauce has reached the desired consistency, remove from heat, and allow to cool.
6. Chill in refrigerator before serving.
7. Garnish with orange zest.
This recipe originally appeared in The Mazer Group‘s Luxury Listing Newsletter. To subscribe, please email, MazerGroup@Compass.com