We’re in the tail end of summer, and we want to finish it with a little bit of magic, something like the story a mermaid might tell.
Since we can’t find an actual mermaid to help us complete our magical summer tale, we’ve crafted a pretty cocktail using Codigo 1530 Rosa Tequila and Creme de Violette Liquor to transport us to a place that shimmers blue with floral and vanilla notes, and of course bubbles!
A Mermaid’s Tale – A Codigo 1530 Tequila Rosa Cocktail
- 2 oz. Codigo 1530 Tequila Rosa
- 1 oz. Rothman & Winter Crème de Violette
- 2 Dashes grapefruit bitters
- Juice from half a lemon
- Top with vanilla flavored soda water
- In a shaker, mix Codigo 1530 Tequila Rosa, creme de Violette, grapefruit bitters, and lemon juice.
- Rim the glass with colorful sprinkles or edible glitter.
- Fill a champagne flute with small cubes or crushed ice.
- Pour mixture over ice.
- Top with vanilla soda water.
- Garnish with lemon peel.