Forget the espresso martini! We have a new way to “perk” up your evening! Tequila and coffee are an awesome combination. You’ve got to trust me on this one!
In this cocktail recipe, I’ve used Codigo 1530’s Reposado because of the toasted carmel and cocoa notes. This Reposado or (rested Tequila) has been aged for six months in charred award-winning French white oak barrels, and is superb!
A little vanilla simple syrup adds a lovely sweetness and a cardamom whipped cream topping sends this cocktail to an exotic place that will have you feeling both rested and awake!
The Rested and Awake
A Codigo 1530 Reposado Cocktail
- 1 Shot of espresso
- 1 oz. Codigo 1530 Tequila Reposado
- 1/4 oz. of vanilla simple syrup
- Cardamom whipped cream
- Few sprinkles of cinnamon.
- Prepare cardamom whipped cream, mixing the powdered spice into either homemade whipped cream or the stuff from the can.
- Make one shot of espresso.
- Add Codigo 1530 Reposado Tequila and vanilla simple syrup.
- Gently stir.
- Top with cardamom whipped cream and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Get ready to roll into the night!