Do you ever wish you could mix a Mexican Fiesta and New England Fall Festival?
Alright, I admit, it’s pretty random; they’re not two things you often think of combining. But, if you did, this apple cider margarita would be the cocktail to mix the vibes and have you yelling Olé on the hayride!
Reposado Tequila, which has generally been aged in oak barrels, has a vanilla-caramel flavor to it. Take the sassy Codigo 1530 Reposado Tequila, which has a flavor profile many of us associate with autumn, and add it to fresh apple cider for an award-winning drink. Oh, don’t forget a little bit of fresh lemon, Grand Marnier, and my secret ingredient – homemade ginger/clove/cinnamon simple syrup. Oh yeah, the salt, sugar, and cinnamon rim will send your taste buds into cocktail heaven!
I give you a fair warning – you can’t stop at just one! Try making it in a large batch for your upcoming Halloween party, Thanksgiving, or whatever fall fiesta you are planning. 😉
- 2.5 ounces Codigo 1530 Reposado Tequila
- 4 ounces apple cider
- 1 ounce Grand Marnier
- 1/2 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce ginger, clove, cinnamon simple syrup
- Salt/sugar/cinnamon rim
- Garnish with an apple slice
- Make the simple syrup by combining 1 cup water, 1 cup granulated sugar, two inches of peeled fresh ginger, a cinnamon stick, and 5 or so cloves.
- Boil and then simmer until it reduces to half the liquid.
- In a shaker, mix all ingredients over ice.
- Rim the glass with sugar, salt cinnamon.
- Fill the glass with fresh ice and strain the margarita mix on top.